Named in honour of the small Scottish island where Danny MacAskill grew up, the Skye has been constantly evolving to meet the demands of the new generation of progressive street and trials riders. The geometry and construction of the frame and fork has been refined by continual testing and feedback from Danny MacAskill and the knowledge and experience gained from producing the world’s leading street bikes. The Skye frame has short chainstays, tight wheelbase and steep head angle, resulting in a lively and responsive ride making it agile on the back wheel; perfect for the advanced tricks and creative lines that today's street riders are pulling!
The Skye Team frame and fork are packed with unique design features which when combined with industry leading production quality have produced the lightest, strongest and most durable set up that Danny has ever ridden!
Exclusive formed tube profiles and custom butting combined with a new hollow chainstay and bottom bracket yoke help to maximize stiffness and durability and offer sharper reactions and improved feel when riding at the limit.
The 1.5" tapered headtube has been custom CNC machined to give the best possible join with the top and down tubes for maximum support in this highly stressed area. 7075 aluminum hard anodized bolt through axles front and rear ensure that everything stays in place no matter what you throw at it. The Skye features threaded frame and fork inserts to ensure that the wheels are held in place securely but significantly reduces the chance of damage to the dropouts during fitting/removal.
The frame and fork feature reinforced IS disc mounts. The frame disc mount is a single, hollow component formed with the dropout to ensure perfect alignment and maximum strength. Exclusive-design seat and chainstay tubing improves both crank and heel clearance while the custom shaped dropouts and integrated tensioner mount maintain the clean and stylish look of the frame. The Skye fork has an aluminum tapered steerer and innovative crown construction for improved durability and reduced weight.
Available in Satin Pewter Blue only.
- Frame: Inspired Skye V3, 12mm bolt through axle (included), Satin Pewter Blue
- Forks: Inspired Skye V3, 20mm bolt through axle (included), Satin Pewter Blue
- Headset: Hope, 1-1/8" Integral Upper, 1.5" Standard Lower, Black
- Tensioner: Trialtech Single Sided Sprung Tensioner and mount
- Hubs (Optional Extra): Hope Pro 4 front, Hope Pro 4 Trials rear, black
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: 31.8mm
- BB shell: 73mm
- Tyre clearance: 24 x 2.7"
- Headtube: Tapered (1-1/8" Integral Upper, 1.5" Standard Lower)
- Dropouts: 12mm bolt through, 135mm spacing
- Chainline: 51mm (Recommended minimum with 22T chainring)
- Disc Mount: +20mm IS (Designed to run a maximum rotor size of 185mm, using a larger rotor will void the warranty)
- Wheelbase: 977mm (measured with Skye V3 fork)
- Chainstay: 362mm
- BB height: +17.5mm
- Head angle: 73.5°
Please Note: Ensure axles are clean and there are no signs of damage before fitting. Make sure to apply a generous amount of good quality grease to all surfaces. Failure to fit the axles without following the approved process as outlined in the Axle Assembly Instruction document is likely to invalidate the warranty.
|Option||Manufacturer's Part Number||Store SKU|
|Without Hope Hubs||INS24501351T||INS24501351T|
|With Hope Hubs||INS33745910S||INS33745910S|